My moves for #rsac2020 & #bsidessf week
Deep breaths, because here we go again!!!
The full list of Bugcrowd events can be found here… We’ve got a lot on this week, so check it out, brush up your calendars, and we’ll see you out there!
The second busiest cybersecurity week in the USA, and definitely the biggest in my home town of San Francisco, is just beginning. It’s always a busy and frenetic week with lots of opportunities to catch up with old friends and meet new ones (but it’s also the kind of week where my calendar looks like someone has fired a shotgun at it…).
So, here are my rough moves for the week. If you see me please feel welcome to come up, say hello, and grab whatever stickers and swag I’m toting at the time – and if you’d like to meet try to connect @caseyjohnellis (DMs are open) or via Signal.
- Catching some talks at BSides SF, including the 360 Bounty talk with Jeff Boothby
- Pre-game catchup with infosec OG ahead of RSAC week
- A panel @ Austrade Landing Pad
- Spending time with some of the best IOT hackers around @ Bugcrowd Bug Bash
- Australian Cybersecurity Demo Day
- Live Lounge with Nothing But Thieves (Bug thanks to Tim Eades and the good folks at vArmor for putting this on again, and to John Fowlkes for reminding me!)
- Hanging out and meeting folks at Bugcrowd Speakeasy @ Local Edition (There’s room to share – Register if you’d like to come hang out)
- Catching Leif, codingo, and Grant talk about Builders and Breakers
- Meetings in the afternoon, dinner in the evening, and some quality mixing time with cybersecurity Founders
- Back to the Local Edition to catch @codingo talking about 5 Ways You Can’t Fake the Human Element – I’ve seen the slides, and it’s going to be a super fun talk!
- Customary office kip ahead of a MASSIVE night with Scythe’s Icecream Social and Marketplace launch, followed by the one party you’ve GOTTA get to: Bugcrowd’s 4th Mayhem Event at the DNA Lounge (including the announcement of the Bug Bash winners for the event).
- More meetings!!!
- Speaking @ RSA Braindate on disclose.io and VDPs with Chloe Messdahgi
- As is the custom, a flurry of “OMG WE DIDN’T SEE EACH OTHER” catchups and meetings…
- …followed by ZZZZZZZ.
See you in the village!